Trini Mom Vlog

Trini Mom Vlog
Vlogs, Love and Hip Hop Rants, Hair and Beauty Tutorials and Skits

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Kelly Rowland breaks down while performing Dirty Laundry

Kelly Rowland breaks down in tears while performing her latest single entitled “Dirty Laundry.”Trinidadian soca diva Fay Ann Lyons-Alvarez could definitely relate to this as she too had a similar experience back in 2011 when she broke down during her performance at RAMA that year.

Earlier this month Kelly released the emotionally charge singles produced by Dream. In the track she sings about her rocky relationship with former Destiny Child ex-bandmate Beyonce and surviving an abusive relationship.

Kelly admitted she cried while recording the single. But her tears flowed over into a live performance of the song at a gig in Washington D.C. off her "Lights Out" tour. While singing the song, you could hear the breaks in her voice and visibly notice her facial expressions as she tried to maintain composure to finish the song. But it proved too much for the singer, after holding back tears for so long. Kelly eventually broke down when she got to the verse:

“he turned me against my sister.”

Kelly washed her hands with her own tears, while weeping openly on stage prompting her band to stop playing for a moment. But her fans cheered her on to continue performing.

During an interview with 93.9 WKYS radio in Washington D.C., Rowland said for a moment she felt like the crowd wasn’t there.

“It’s really weird when you take yourself in front of a crowd. Even in that moment of when I put my feet up, I felt like I was in therapy. I was singing and talking about what happened, and for a moment, it was like that crowd wasn’t even there. And then when the music stopped…I was like “You are live Kel. Calm down.” And I had to calm down, and then I had to breathe. You get lost…and it’s nothing wrong with getting lost. But that was weird. I felt like I could do that with D.C.”

The single “Dirty Laundry” will be featured off Kelly Rowland upcoming album Talk A Good Game, due in stores on June 18th.

Check out the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment